Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Faithfulness...

God has been revealing to me through the teaching of His Word that I am required to be faithful with what He's given me now. The Bible says, "that he who is faithful in the least is faithful also in much." I've been strongly convicted that we should never say, "if I had their money, then I would do great things for the kingdom of God." There is a few things wrong with saying something like that. First of all, there is a main word in that statement that we should look out for "THEIR". Why are we envisioning what we would do with someone else's money. That's covetousness, and the Bible warns that we should never be like that. The truth is that we would only do with more money then what we would do with less money now. Jesus himself said it, "if you are faithful in least you will be faithful with much." We seem to think that having more money or other outside circumstances would affect how we did things for God. This shouldn't be the case and I realize I have much changing to do in this area.

I need to be faithful with the gifts and resources that God has given me so that I can fulfill the call He has for my life. As I do, I know that He will increase me because He knows that I will be faithful with more. I don't want to become to familiar with this verse of being faithful in the little ....it is vitally important to our walk with God. It allows Him to not be limited with what He can do and give in our lives. Thank You Lord for the never-changing or expiring truth in Your Word. It is the only Word to live by!

4 comments:

mom said...

Great post! Thank you, Father, forever increasing light and revelation so that Your will can be done in our lives on earth as it is in heaven!!

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome! I am so blessed to be married to a man of God!

Beckypdj said...

"be faithful with what He's given me now." Amen, if we keep waiting for more before we ever do anything, we WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING. Fantastic post!!!

ps said...

It is REQUIRED in a steward that he be found faithful. God wants to increase us and as we are faithful he GETS to!! Great post!!