Wednesday, July 22, 2009

God Qualities

In church on Sunday morning during worship, as I was thinking about God's awesome creation, the Holy Spirit showed me something. He showed me all of the wonderful creation that God made, the mountains, the sea, the sun, stars, man, nature, etc., and all of the good qualities about them. For example, take this picture: the sun
Do you know that this same sun has been rising and setting ever since God called it to be? You talk about consistency and faithfulness. Now think of the Creator who made the sun with all of its wonderful qualities and we can see where these qualities came from. The only difference? "The Creator" is always above "the creation." God could put these qualities in His creation because He had them in Himself. When I think about God being MORE faithful than the rising of the sun, then it charges my faith to never give up on Him because He is more consistent and faithful than something that I KNOW is going to happen everyday.

I love the song that says, "You have been more faithful than the morning sun. You have been more faithful than knowing night will come. You have been more faithful than the changing of seasons...." Great song. God is incapable of letting me down. He doesn't have it in Him. But what He does have in Him is grace, mercy and forgiveness when I let Him down. You talk about God qualities, it doesn't get any better then grace! Thank You Jesus!

You can find God qualities all throughout His creation. Always remember to place the Creator above the creation and be encouraged knowing that all of their good qualities pale in comparison to the God qualities of our Father.

4 comments:

Beckypdj said...

Great post, Landon. God is ever faithful and we can always count on Him.

Jessica said...

Very cool! I like this!

ps said...

His faithfulness is one of the things that causes me to love Him so. I know I can always depend on Him. ALWAYS. No exceptions.

Mom said...

Awesome truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!