Monday, July 13, 2009

Thank You Jesus

This is my favorite thing to say. This is one phrase that could never be said enough and is always appropriate to say. Thanksgiving is a powerful thing. When it seems like nothing is going right and I have nothing to be thankful for; I say thank you Jesus. Not because I'm thanking Him for calamity or hard times, but because thanking Him is what brings me out! Thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! Thanks be to God who always causes us to triumph in Christ! These two scriptures are very similar and they both tell me one thing: Thanksgiving is connected to victory.

There is no such place between being thankful and unthankful. Either you're thankful or you're not. If everything in your life is great, then thank God because it is only by His grace. If the world is falling down around you, then thank God because it is only by His grace that you will come out. His grace amazes me, because it replaces what I deserve. Thank you Lord! I'm so glad that we don't get what we deserve and that Jesus died for us when we were still sinners! What love and mercy and goodness!

Everyday with its new reasons will I bless You and gratefully praise You. Yes I will praise Your name forever. Thank You Jesus!

3 comments:

Beckypdj said...

Truth, truth, truth. Excellent post, thanks for writing it.

Mom said...

Amen and Amen!! Can you just picture the Father's face when we continually are thanking Him? Do you think it brings Him joy and pleasure? I do!

Do you think it frustrates the enemy when in the midst of what he was hoping would destroy us, we are thanking God for His love, His Faithfulness, and His unfailing Word to us? I do! hahahahahahahaha

I know this - thanksgiving opens us up for more grace (God's ability) in our lives and as you said - it is all by His grace!!

Great post.

ps said...

I LOVE this Landon!! It is so true and a very helpful reminder that thanksgiving is an vehicle through which God brings His power into our lives and brings out of attacks. There is no one like our God!!!! Thank you Jesus!