Monday, December 21, 2009

God's Willingness=God's Ability

I was reading over my old notebooks this morning and read something that I wrote down last year.  God spoke to me and told me that He is as willing as He is able!

This was a new revelatiion of God's love for me.  The Almighty God, Creator of heaven and earth, infinite in power, ability, and resources is just as much willing as He is able.  We have always thought of God as being ABLE.  Nothing with God is impossible; He is able to do super-abundantly far over and above all that we ask or think.  We believe God is able, able, able..........but we sometimes fail to believe that He is just as much WILLING. 

Earthly parents are more than willing to do anything for their children, but their ability limits them in what they can do.  We have a heavenly Father who is limitless in resources whose willingness matches His ability!!  It is so good to know that God can, but it is even better to know that He wants to and He will!  This should be a clear sign of His love for us! 

We must not only have faith that God can, but that God will.  It's like the scripture in Hebrews 11 that says "Anyone who comes to God must believe that He is, AND that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."  We must believe both.  Have faith in God's willingness to bless you.  It's just as great as His ability!

4 comments:

Jake said...

You are so right. It is easy to be mindful of his ABILITY but to know He is just as willing to perform His word.. WHAT A REVELATION.

Beckypdj said...

Amen Landon, I just e-mailed a prayer to a woman whose child is sick. It gives me so much confidence to know that not only is He able, He is willing to heal. He want her healed too!!!

Mom said...

More than any revelation I've ever received - I cherish that one the most! It brings me to the place of peace and total expectancy like no other one does.

As I've said before: I'd rather serve a God who desires to heal me but couldn't than to serve a God who COULD heal me but WILLS not to.

I'm so thankful to know that God CAN and He IS WILLING!!

That is precious revelation! We serve a good God. He's a good Heavenly Father.

Good post!

Jessica said...

Obviously you don't blog anymore!!