Thursday, December 3, 2009

TRUST

Proverbs 3:5 (amp) says, "lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all of your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding."

When you lean on something with all of your weight you are putting trust in that thing to support you. When you lean on it with half of your weight, then you don't trust it can support all of you. I won't lean on my Christmas tree but I will lean on my fridge. I know the characteristics of the two well enough to know that I can fully lean on one but not the other.

Every characteristic that God has shows us that we can trust in Him with ALL of our heart. God's faithfulness alone shows me that I can fully put all of my trust in Him. I can lean on Him with all my weight and know that He will support me.

I know that most Christians think they trust God, but the truth is that they may only trust Him for salvation. They're not willing to trust Him with their LIFE. Do we trust Him enough to just lean on Him a little but still have our feet under us just in case?

If we really trust God then we will lean all that we are on Him, so that if He falls we fall. But thank God He will NEVER fall or fail. We can trust Him! He is FAITHFUL!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Beckypdj said...

Amen, Landon.

Beckypdj said...

I meant, Amen Standin Landon.