Friday, December 4, 2009

I need Your Faith...

What are you believing God for? Is it big? Small? Significant to you? Significant to others?

I'm sure that you are believing God for something, and I'm also sure that it is very significant to you. What you need to know, however, is that it is also very significant to me. I need you to have faith in God and receive the promises He has for you. You need me to do the same. As part of the same body, it only makes sense that when one part is strengthened the entire body is strengthened. Not only that, but your faith victories will give me hope and determination to have my own faith victories. God's promises manifested in our life are not just some random, feel good, isolated things in our life. They are VITAL to the body of Christ. I know this may be a long post, but let me give you an example of why this matters.

Most everyone knows about the struggle and (natural) impossibility it was for Abraham and Sarah to have a child. However, it is not as well known that "Isaac and Rachel" and "Jacob and Rebekah" went through similar circumstances. It took faith on Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob's part in order for God to be called the "God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob." What if Isaac didn't have faith in God that Rachel would have a child, would God just be called the God of Abraham and Isaac? Isn't it interesting the struggle that the first three sons of the covenant went through to have a son. The enemy knew what was to come out of these three men and he tried to stop God's plan of redemption. But as it is all throughout the Word, we see that faith became victory for these three men and their wives. It also became victory for me and you...

My relationship with God now relied solely on Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob's faith then. Does this make you wonder what you're believing God for that could possibly hinge on the salvation of others? What is it that we need to be believing God for that could be a blessing to others and bring God glory in the earth? Your faith in God for His promises is vital not only for you, but for me. It is vital to others that we don't even know yet and may not even see until heaven. This should encourage us to be strong in faith (just like Abraham) and become fully persuaded that what God promised, He is also able to perform. "Quit" is not an option. The very lives of others may depend on it....HAVE FAITH IN GOD. He is faithful to do what He said He would do. All we have to do is believe Him!

4 comments:

Beckypdj said...

What a revelation!!!! Thank you!

Jessica said...

This is good!

Wife said...

Amazing! I love u!

Mom said...

Wow . . .I think that is the heart and mentality that God has been looking for - big picture faith. Whose breakthrough, whose well-being hinges on me possessing what God has promised?

Great post, son.