Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Gary Oden Memorial Tournament

So we're putting a basketball tournament together to raise money for the Alma Boys and Girls Club, and we are finally underway awaiting team entries. Cortney had the wonderful idea to do a golf tournament in honor of her daddy, and give all the proceeds to the BGC. She said the Club was always on his list to give to after he got his first million! So, with a possible golf tournament coming up in the next few months, we thought a basketball tournament would be a good idea too.

Having played in both golf and basketball tourney's, I have learned that a b-ball tourney will probably be a lot easier to run. I hope I'm right. There is a lot that goes into but I think it is because we are trying to make it a big deal and do it excellent, which is what we want so that we can make it an annual event. I can't believe I never thought of something like this to help raise money for organizations, it's such a good idea. So, props to Cort for having a great idea!

I know that most people who read this blog either already know about the tourney or are not going to play, but here is the link with all of the information just in case. www.almaboysgirlsclub.org

Much thanks to everyone who is sponsoring the tourney and thanks to Krush of N'Christ for printing off the flyers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks I do have good ideas come along every once in awhile! Dad would be proud!!

Anonymous said...

I think this is way cool too! I hope this is a really great success. I'm sure you will learn some things this year that will make it even bigger next year! And your dad is proud, Cort. He's saying, "That's my girl!"

Jake said...

This is a great idea... and I'm very excited about it.

Golf tourney too? That sounds really fun too... man this is awesome.

Anonymous said...

We are excited to help and be a part of this! It will go great!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun but we'll be in Abuja!