Monday, March 16, 2009

March Madness is here! The Hogs are not :(

This is one of my favorite times of year. College basketball's post-season tournament is by far the most exciting of all the sports. I love filling out a bracket and watching underdog teams win. It would be much more exciting if the Hogs were in it, but we don't live in a dream world. Last year was really exciting for me because my bracket won in the small pool that we have each year. I picked Kansas and they won in dramatic fashion in overtime!

This year will very unpredictable, so I expect Cortney to do very well by picking the team with funniest name or the team with the best mascot. Her bracket bombed last year as she put all of her eggs in Gonzaga's basket. True to form, she seems poised to select the Zags again regardless of who they're playing or how good they are. She's funny! At least this way it makes it fun to watch the tourney and root for the teams you picked.

If my bracket bombs, then I plan on getting out and playing some golf in the nice spring weather that is coming our way. That last statement was not based on fact whatsoever, so it could be 20 degrees for the next few weeks for all I know. Regardless, I will be playing golf sooner rather later. March Madness and Golf - I love this month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you meant to say: March Madness, Golf, and my mom's birthday - I love this month!

Landon Parker said...

My bad......it's just kind of a given since everyone in our family was born in March!