Monday, March 30, 2009

Standin' Landon

So PK has been teaching an awesome series on "True Faith" that just got even better yesterday. He talked about being steadfast and patient in running our race. I thought I had a decent grasp on the importance of faith and patience in my life, but I saw yesterday just how important patience is.

It really hit me when he said that my faith level will never rise above my patience level. That was revelation to me, because we can think we are exercising our faith at 100% but how consistent with that are we? I like to think of myself as someone who when he has done all to stand, stands and stands............but there is always room for improvement and I believe that this was a word for me yesterday.

Pastors called it steady Eddy, steady Teddy, etc. But my name doesn't rhyme with steady so I'm "Standin' Landon." I don't care that there's no "g" on standing, this way it makes it rhyme. I've recommitted myself to stand and to be consistently constantly the same. I've heard it said like this, "faithfully exercising my faith." I know that all of God's promises are yes for me, so I am going to stand until they are manifest in my life. By God's grace, I will be patient and steadfast in my life of faith.

PK went to Romans 5:1-3 yesterday and verse 2 really stuck out to me. It says, "By whom (Jesus) also we have access BY FAITH into this GRACE wherein we STAND, and rejoice in hope of the GLORY of God." It is by faith that we access the grace to stand and rejoice in expecting to see God's Glory! This is an awesome verse. God is good and He is FAITHFUL. I will stand until I see His goodness in manifestation in every area of my life. Will you?

4 comments:

Beckypdj said...

Yes I will

Mom said...

GREAT post! You never cease to amaze me! I love God more and more everyday. He is amazing . . .

ps said...

I have no doubt in my mind that you will be victorious! I like that. Standin Landon. It has a nice ring to it!

Staci said...

This is a good post, Landon! These teachings have brought a lot of revelation to this house also