Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hellooo.........is anyone out there??

So I'm sitting at work right now on Wednesday morning and as most of you know there is ice all over the roads. I'm actually very glad I'm at work though, just because I would be very antsy at home. However, I'm starting to wonder if there are any human souls out there. I'm beginning to feel like Will Smith in "I am Legend," except for the whole end of the world thing and all.

I really wish I had a large trash can lid or something I could use to slide across the parking lot right now. No wait.......I wish I could start at highway 71 around Pizza Parlour and slide all the way down. Is anyone going to read this? I'm not sure. I am just typing random words simply because I 'm not sure what else to do right now. I think that every time I talk I will talk only in cliches.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does it make a sound? Silence is golden. Am I talking to a brick wall? Don't beat around the bush because even a blind squirrel finds and acorn sometimes. Also, don't put the cart before the horse just because you heard it through the grapevine. What does a bull in a china shop do? How does everything taste like chicken? Was it really raining cats and dogs yesterday? Is a heavy hog fat?

Does anyone have the answers to these? I mean, I can assume that a heavy hog is fat. But the rest..............

7 comments:

Beckypdj said...

I triple dog dare you to slide down 71 Hwy, after all a trash can lid in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Landon, try not to go too crazy..... all alone.

Jake said...

Why do cars park on driveways and drive on parkways?

Anonymous said...

Wow, I feel like I just entered the twi-light zone. But, help is on the way!! We're having church tonight! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

One question: Is this your mind on drugs? :)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of twilight zone - several years ago I was invited to a wedding. I arrived ALONE. My vehicle was the only one in the parking lot. Even though I was on time the place was totally deserted. Just for a moment I wondered if I had gone into the twilight zone or missed the rapture. Very eerie! I immediately drove to my best friends house to make sure! And was I ever glad she was home - could have been even MORE weird! Glad you made it through the 'lone guy looking out on a deserted and snowy parking lot'! Wee ooo, wee ooo, wee ooo!

Jessica said...

I once asked the question "if a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?" and it cause a huge debate about sound, sound waves and how the human ear perceives sound...yeah, it was ridiculous!

Staci said...

Wow. I guess this proves that you shouldn't be left too much alone for too long! :)