Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Fun

Here's a little bit about my weekend.

Friday Night
Went to the Alma basketball game which was really fun, followed by a maddening Dilbert board game that saw me knocking board pieces everywhere and saying replacement words under my breath. You know.....replacement words.....words that replace the bad words. I'm not proud of it.

Saturday
Did a little work Saturday morning followed by a complete waste of time and utter disappointment.....I mean watching the Hogs. After I came to grips with the fact that the Hogs really suck and just paraded as good earlier in the year..................... I felt no better because I can't help but like the Hogs. What the crap is wrong with me?
Saturday night we hung out with Cortney's family. Played a little Mario Kart , Guitar Hero and Apples to Apples. Also ate Pizza Parlour which is always good. Got home around ten and then my longtime friend Jarod came over for a little more Mario Kart and Guitar Hero. Good times.

Sunday
Went to church in the morning and heard a great message about holding on to your word from God. I've determined to never drop anything that I've heard from God or His Word until it comes to pass in my life. God has been too faithful to His Word for me to ever give up on anything He has told me.
Played ball in the afternoon which I always look forward too. I feel like the game of basketball is slowly coming back to me........or is that me slowly coming back to basketball? Either way it's getting a little better each week.
Sunday night me and Cort went out to Target to get a few things, and then went to the movies to see "Paul Blart: Mall Cop." It was okay, I thought it would be a little funnier though. I like the name "Blart" it's funny. I have a fairly high standard for comedy movies.......oh who am I kidding, I loved Anchorman! Which is a great movie by the way.

That was my weekend. You stay classy San Diego.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

church was so good! Trent really enjoyed playing b-ball! He hasn't played for SO long...he really loves it though!
We almost went to Mall Cop, we went to Marley and Me instead...we should've went to Mall Cop...Trent wants to see it, he likes funny movies!

Belinda said...

I wasn't in the service but taught the toddlers and it was very good. We learned about God creating dry land. The kids loved it. We went to Devils Den Saturday and got rocks with some fossils in them and gave them out to the kids. My brother-in-law went to see Ink Art with Brendan Frasier and said it was good. I think Eli and myself are going this weekend to see Mall Cop.