Monday, January 12, 2009

iPod=More Word=More Faith=...........

When I got my first iPod on Christmas of 2007, I immediately found how great it was for hearing the Word. It's almost all I used it for, but we believe it may have been stolen during the summer. I immediately noticed that my Word level went down and my desire to read the Word went down. This frustrated me and made me feel lazy and guilty because I thought that I had to get the Word through my iPod to be motivated to read the Word.

I came to realize that it didn't matter how I got the Word in my heart, as long as I was getting fed daily. Turns out that hearing more of God's Word motivates you to want to read and study more, which causes you to want to hear more, go to Bible School more, etc. My parents got me a nice iPod touch for Christmas and I quickly began to download podcasts. It's a good thing to have the Word going through your ears all day. It's the one thing that can assure you of growing up spiritually, causing you to fulfill the call that God has on your life. Plus, it's so easy to have going while you're working (if you're able). It's like a continual IV going to your heart causing faith to grow and grow and grow.

I'm excited about God's Word and the life-changing potential that it offers. I'm ready to see quick and big manifestations in my life and I know that can't happen without God's Word. You see, faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God. So this tells me that if I have no Word, then I can't have faith. Because faith COMES by HEARING. If I have no faith, then I won't see the manifestations that I want to.

There is so much more I want to talk about this, but the point I want to get across is that if you have an iPod than I strongly suggest downloading podcasts from great teachers like Kenneth Copeland, Keith Moore, Creflo Dollar, Jerry Savelle, Mac Hammond, etc. They're FREE and updated often. Let's get more of God's Word so we can produce fruit in our lives causing Him to receive glory!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

This is so true! I have been listening to Mark Hankins and Kenneth Copeland while I'm at work, it creates such an excitement for the things of God! It builds expectations too!! I strongly recommend that too!

Anonymous said...

Great post. So true! Let the Redeemed of the Lord say so!!

What are you redeemed from? What are you redeemed to??

Say it!!!!!!!!!!

Staci said...

My mp3 player is too small to get too much on it, but I listen to the cd's a lot. I also listen to pod casts via the internet! I have gotten a lot of Word and revelation that way!

Anonymous said...

All great ideas to keep yourself full and stirred up in God! Awesome!