Friday, January 30, 2009

The Healthy Choice


I have to be at work at 6:00 and 7:00 throughout the week, so this does not leave me much time to make the best breakfast. So I think it's needless to say that I'm a pop-tart guy. I've always liked my pop-tarts warm with a large glass of milk.

So as dumb as this sounds, I try to get the more healthier pop-tarts of the ones that I like. For the longest time I got the cinnamon tarts which I like "okay." But I recently looked at the nutrition labels and saw that the chocolate pop-tarts, which I liked a lot more, were actually healthier than the cinnamon. Who would have thought.

Now you might be thinking this wasn't quite the upgrade that I've made it out to be, however, you don't realize the ease on my conscience that chocolate pop-tarts gives me. It's like I'm getting away with eating chocolate for breakfast, muwahahahaha. So when Cortney shakes her head in wonderment as if to say "Landon, really, chocolate for breakfast," I can proudly smirk and say "Hey check the label, and don't get mad at me because I'm eating healthy. I might even power walk to my truck this morning."

7 comments:

Beckypdj said...

Breakfast of Champions...no wait...that's Wheaties.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the word healthy and pop-tart should be in the same sentence. Just doesn't fit.

Anonymous said...

I love pop-tarts!! Strawberry is my favorite!! Through school I would leave the house around 7:15 and need something to eat on the go! Which a handy-dandy pop-tart would always did the trick.

Staci said...

I think the reason you felt the sudden urge to "powerwalk" to your truck was probably the sugar and caffeine kicking in!

Anonymous said...

Landon, I'm speechless. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!! I'm laughing hard. And don't pay any attention to all the nay sayers!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't care what flavor it is they are not healthy!!! You my husband eat chocolate like it's going out of style!!