Friday, February 20, 2009

Led By Peace

At church and bible school we have been learning on how to be Spirit led everyday. So here lately, God has really been showing me how get in position to hear from Him. Here's something God showed me this morning while reading the Word.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of peace, so when He leads us it will be by peace. Philippians 4:6-7 tells us to be careful for nothing but by prayer with THANKSGIVING to let our requests be made known unto God. And when we do that, then God's peace that passes all understanding will keep our hearts and minds. So basically if we do verse 6 then the result will be verse 7. (Chip Brim did an amazing job preaching this the last time he was here.)

In Colossians 3:15 (amp) it says "Let the peace from Christ rule (act as an umpire continually) in your hearts (deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state) to which as one body you were also called to live. And be THANKFUL (appreciative) (giving praise to God always)."

It's no coincidence that these verses that tell us how to be led by the peace of God also tell us to be THANKFUL. Giving thanks to God sounds like a given, but how many of us really take time to thank Him for everything good in our life? It's no wonder that giving thanks to God increases our capacity to receive from Him, because as we give thanks then we allow God's peace (or the Holy Spirit) to lead us into all truth and into the Blessing of God.

Giving thanks is vital to us hearing the Holy Spirit and living victorious lives. This is why I love the verse, "Thanks be unto God, Who always causes us to triumph in Christ Jesus." Paul was giving thanks which allowed the Holy Spirit to move him into a place of triumph in Christ Jesus!

Let's give God thanks and be led by his perfect peace into everything that God has for us!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

This is good Landon! I am really learning ALOT from that class...it's SO simple and yet I complicate it so many times! It's like Pastor Susan said, I think I look for the spectacular and miss the supernatural! But not anymore...I am learning how to be led by God's spirit!

Anonymous said...

Great post Landon! Such a good word!

Anonymous said...

Well said!

Staci said...

It is amazing that we always hear from God when we make more time for His Word, isnt' it?

Oh, and I do love the words that Chip Brim brings us when he's here. I think I listen to him more than anybody on cd b/c he hits right where I live!

This was good!

Anonymous said...

Really great post. I have found thankfulness to be very powerful in my life. It has taken me from the pit to the palace many times! Makes you wonder I keep visiting the pit, doesn't it??!!