Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ode to the Hogs

Razorbacks, Razorbacks
Why are you so blue
Oh dreadful and frustrating Pigs
Are your colors not red and white

Why do you torture your fan base so
Is it because you really suck?
I dare to believe that is not it
But who I'm I to argue with numbers

2 plus 2 will always be 4
But a 1-9 conference record will always bite
How does hope arise each gameday
Only to be lost amidst your inadequacy

Ohhh the anguish of continued losing
How it calluses the sports soul
Is there any way we can defend the 3
Or at least not get beat by an Ole Miss Rebel

I will continue believing Razorhogs
Your day is fast approaching
Maybe not tonight or this weekend or year
But..................who am I kidding? WIN A BALLGAME!!!!!!

Yes I know that didn't rhyme, but I don't write poems like Humpty-Dumpty.

4 comments:

Jake said...

You always have at least one line in your posts that crack me up. Today:

"Yes I know that didn't rhyme, but I don't write poems like Humpty-Dumpty."

As I read that post, I kept thinking to myself: huh? this doesn't even rhyme! LOL

Jessica said...

haha! thats funny! I really like your new header picture! Cortney looks so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Aww thanks Jess!! Okay last time I checked humpty dumpty didn't write his own poems! Someone wrote a poem about him!! Let's not try rhyming or writing poems in the future!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't look down your nose at ole Humpty Dump! Someone just might have given him a bump. You don't seem like a narrowminded guy - so next time why not give rhyming a try?