Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Should this Weather Remind Me of Golf?

I'm still finding it a little hard to fight that urge to play golf right now. I know it's 28 degrees and windy and overcast, but what can I say, this is the weather that I remember playing high school golf in.

During my senior year in high school we had a golf match down in Fort Worth, Texas. It was the middle of March and the time was ripe for great golfing weather, you know, 74 degrees and calm. These were the conditions when we arrived and played a practice round the day before. Little did we know that it was all going to turn..................

Luckily most of us brought pants to wear just in case, because when we woke up it was about 35 degrees and foggy. When we got to the course it might have warmed up to 40 degrees........ maybe, but as the fog burned off the wind started to pick up. Now it's bad enough just walking in windy 40 degree weather, but to play golf in it is simply crappy.

I thought it was going to be a decent day when I miraculously birdied the first hole, but the conditions took a toll and left everyone on the course frozen, chapped, and pretty cranky. The next day was much better weather, but I will never forget that cold blustery day of golf. I kind of wish I would forget it so I won't say the word blustery anymore................apparently I thought we were playing in 100 acre Wood with Pooh and Piglet.
Man this post was finished a while back, I can't believe you're still reading this................seriously.......any blog that references winnie the pooh and a blustery day should stop being read immediately.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

haha, i thought it was random that you brought pooh and piglet in...your posts are fun to read...i never know what you're gonna say!

Landon Parker said...

thanks. the weird part is, I usually don't know what I'm going to say.

Beckypdj said...

Blustery is one of Tom's "words". Y'all crack me up.

Anonymous said...

I love Winnie the Pooh!! Don't tell Cortney!!

Anonymous said...

I don't think Winnie the Pooh knows his gender. And piglet has that European fashion thing going with the scarf. Interesting that you would include them in your post. I think you scare me... :)

Jessica said...

haha, pastor susan, that made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Now you have done it!! Landon I officially ground you from posting for at least a day for putting Winnie the Pooh on your blog! Do you even know who your wife is? She is a Pooh Hater! Yes I will admit it I would rather watch rain make mud than watch Winnie the Pooh!!!!!!!!!

Jake said...

A blog is not complete with a winnie the pooh reference.

I so need to get on that train...

you crack me up

Jake said...

umm that was dumb. I meant is not complete without wtp post....

I should have taken typing class in middle school...

Anonymous said...

That picture is so pretty! (Is that you and your little caddy?)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cortney..........I DO NOT like Winnie the Pooh, like mom said is Pooh a guy or a girl, tigger is hyperactive, Eyore needs anti-depressants, rabbit is kind of bi-polar, and the list could go on!!! :) j/k but for real, the show is kind of messed up!!!