Friday, February 13, 2009

Vacations


I love vacations. This pic is from the beautiful, sandy picturesque beaches of.........Chicago? Yes Chicago. Home of America's baseball team. No, there is not an ocean in Chicago but there is a Great Lake. Anyway this post is about a very special vacation that I'm looking forward to.

In June, me and Cort are going on an Alaskan cruise for our five year anniversary. Cortney has always wanted to go on one, but it's never been something that I've wanted to do that bad. However, I have always loved going on vacations with her because we always have such a good time together.

I have recently changed my outlook on Alaskan cruises. Everyone who has been on one has remarked on how awesome they are, and I'm actually pretty excited to do some excursions like rafting and encountering polar bears and the abominable snowman.

Cortney was excited to see penguins, but I told her I thought that they are Antarctic birds. I'm not sure. we'll see. Hey, you never know........ when your going to a far-away, fairy tale country like Alaska. That may be a stretch but I really look forward to it. I have no doubt that it will be the best vacation ever, spent with the one I love.

Here's to snow-capped glaciers, gazing at flying reindeer, and encountering polar wildlife. Alaska the final frontier..................I'm ready!

8 comments:

Beckypdj said...

Tom really wants to go on an Alaskan cruise. I have heard from several people it is the best.

Anonymous said...

Nate REALLY wants to go to Alaska too! I think it would be a fun place to go for a vacation. Ya'll will have a great time! Let us know how it is!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe you will have a special greeting from Sarah Palin. :)

Jessica said...

Trent wants to go on one too! I would like it, but he really want to go to Alaska! Evan, we should all go together sometime! :)

Anonymous said...

Actually the abominable snowman is in the Himalayas but you may see sasquatch on your way there.

Anonymous said...

@Kevin: unless he runs in to Tom Daschle...

Staci said...

It was one topic of discussion last night at the banquet. We were trying to figure out how long you guys had been married. Rodney said he thought six or seven years! lol

Anyway, you guys will have a great and blessed time!

Anonymous said...

Let us know how it is. We went on a carribean cruise for our 20th and Peanut wants to go to Alaska for our 25th.