Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve



Christmas Eve is one of my favorite days of the year. Ever since I was a kid, the anticipation of Christmas was at its highest on Christmas Eve. Like most everyone else, it's the Christmas season that I enjoy the most, although Christmas day is always fun too. I usually want it to be really cold around Christmas time with a lot of snow and winter weather and then want it to warm up immediately after Christmas. But as it is most years, it's usually fairly warm on Christmas and then it gets really cold in February and March just in time for golf season. Man, it really sounds like I'm bitter about the weather patterns. I think it's just because I experienced very cold and windy golfing conditions on the high school golf team in March and April and I haven't gotten over it yet.

Anyway.............I really do love Christmas Eve and am looking forward to spending it with my wife. It's always special every year and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. This will be the first Christmas morning that I won't have to wake up super early to open presents. Me and Cort get to sleep a little later and enjoy Christmas morning together. I plan to make it the best Christmas ever by simply enjoying every second of it and thanking God for his Blessing on my life!

Merry Christmas to all you bloggees and may the God of your hope so fill you with joy and peace in believing that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing with hope! Romans 15:13

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pic of Cortney BTW. I love the season too. I think the build up is better than the actual day, even though Christmas Day is great too. I actually love Christmas Eve better than anything. I love having great service like we did. Wasn't is beautiful? Like a breath of fresh air amidst all the hustle and bustle.

Anonymous said...

Me, too, the build up being the best! Service was so nice just being together to lift up Jesus! Speaking of the word 'nice', I absolutely LOVE that word. It is VERY special. The world has such a milktoast attitude about it but to me it encompasses all great, good, kind and decent, CLEAN stuff. I love and want and desire and crave all the gooooood parts of life and calling something or someone 'nice' is a very goooood thing.