Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Love Winning

So me and my family played Apples to Apples last night, and I was reminded by everyone how they don't like playing games with me. It turns out I'm super-competitive when playing games. I just can't figure out what's wrong with that. I mean, games are meant to be won and someone has to win right. I grew up playing competitive sports, but it seems to have carried over to board games, ping-pong, boggle, paper-rock-scissors, last one to the car is a rotten egg, you know things of that sort. I find that games are the most fun when everyone is trying to win and I come out on top as the winner, champion, the greatest, unstoppable, a position that allows me to say "don't hate me cuz you ain't me."

At church, we're always reminded "if you don't quit, you win." But we should also remember that if you don't ever play, you can't ever win. Especially when you're playing with me! Just kidding, but seriously.

13 comments:

Jake said...

There is nothing like winning. That's why I spent $20 and 4 hours on those 2nd place ice skates. I know, 2nd place is the first loser.

But I did win with the Geek Squad theme.

Ping Pong. It's on. Tonight. 11:30. Meet me at the willow trees.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Play to win! Why play if you don't play to win? It's the ones with an "average is good enough" mentality who say, "It's HOW you play that game that counts".

It's not being nasty to the other players while playing that I have to work on!!

Where do you get it????

Beckypdj said...

I noticed the shirt you have on in the pic, another winner!

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling exactly. And the only reason your are still the winner is because you have only played with your family. I say the Parkers take on the Fletcher/Schlegels and experience some real competition! Then you'll know what it's like to be smoked, turkey!

Ummm, sorry dude. I don't know where that came from. Seriously. :)

Landon Parker said...

I love all of the fierce responses I'm getting. I'm ready to showdown with the Fletcher/Schlegel's anywhere, anyplace, anytime!

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say that I don't hate you b/c I ain't you! I am glad I ain't you b/c then we couldn't be MARRIED!!! I do love your competitiveness when it comes to standing and refusing to not be moved!! Especially in the natural when things can seem so crazy, you always refuse to be moved from what the Word tells us and I love you for that!! *MUAH*

Beckypdj said...

What is Apples to Apples"? Never heard of it

Staci said...

I don't know. I think that being that competitive sucks a lot of the joy out of things that could have laughter and fun! I mean, whenever I get too competitive, it just makes me mad!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Landon, Oh, Landon! I've never played a game with you but I have played Scrabble with your dad and Kelly Hannah! Don't get in the middle of THAT pair! The old sage, Kenny Rogers advises, "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away..." And maybe leave your competitor with their dignity - especially if you are going to be riding home with them! (I love your blog, BTW - and that you and C are so on fire for God!)

Staci said...

"C" is that Courtney's gangsta name? lol

Anonymous said...

Hey boy, what's that smack talking you're doing? Bring it on!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree! What is the point in playing if you don't want to win??? It's no fun playing with people who don't care if they win or lose!
I agree we definitely need a Fletcher/Schlegel & Parker match-off. Let me know when/where we'll be there with our "A" game as usual!

Landon Parker said...

I usually leave my A-game at home but the outcome remains the same. It's amazing what I can do with my B-game!