Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm Blessed!!

I can't help but share the good news of what Jesus has done for me. He has been so good to me and family and my church. I'm so thankful that Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law so that we don't have to follow the law to be blessed, we just have to be "In Christ" to be blessed. The blessing of Abraham has come on us through Christ Jesus, and we can walk in the blessing without measure. I'm not blessed because I'm healed, I'm healed because I'm blessed. I'm not blessed because I'm rich, I'm rich because I'm blessed!!

I'm so grateful that God loved me so much that he sent Jesus. I'm so amazed when I read His word and see everything that He has done for me. His plan of redemption was so perfect and complete. At Christmastime it always gets said that Jesus is the reason for the season and how we need to stop and think about what Christmas is all about. With manger scenes and the Christmas story (which I both love) and so many other things to think about, let's remember that it was our salvation and redemption being born that night.

Here's a video I found to a song by Casting Crowns called "While You Were Sleeping." It is kind of Christmasy, but it asks the question of "America, will you be sleeping?" It's pretty inspiring and it makes me want to live the way Jesus intended me to live when He died on the cross for me, and to do it all for His glory.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I like this song! I want to use it for a human video!

Beckypdj said...

It is hard to wrap our human minds around the fact that Jesus left Heaven and became the sacrifice, because he loves us. I am blessed!!

Staci said...

And that he will forever be identified with us in his human form because he loved us that much.

Belinda said...

Awesome, I just heard a pastor on the radio yesterday talking about how the world was sleeping when He came to the earth and how many will be "sleeping" when He returns.

Anonymous said...

Once again I am stirred to pray for the church and America.