Friday, December 19, 2008

H-O-G-S


I love the Razorbacks. Following Arkansas football and basketball is one of my favorite things to do. Granted, I feel all the emotion from wins and losses as if I were actually part of the team, but I think that's why I enjoy it so much. It says in the God's Word that where your treasure is, your heart will be also. I think it goes the same for whatever we invest ourself in emotionally. As a Hogs fan, there have been plenty of times when I wish I didn't care so much. But no matter how hard I tried not to care, I just couldn't help it. I love the Hogs and I'm not ashamed to admit it (except when we're utterly humiliated).

I've been so blessed this year with already getting to go to three basketball games. Two of the times, people just gave us tickets!! I love how God loves us so much that He wants to give us the desires of our heart. Not because of anything we did or didn't do, but just because He loves us. Recognizing this makes me love Him more everyday.

I plan on going to more games this year and I am specifically interested in watching the progress of Rotnei Clarke. When Chip Brim spoke at our church and told us what kind of kid Rotnei is and how he (Rotnei) declares he's "anointed to play basketball on a level the world isn't familiar with all for the glory of God," it sparked my interest. I always find it so easy to root for players who truly give the glory to God. I'm thankful that the Hogs have someone like that on their team, because it was going to take an intervention from God to get us back on an elite level!

4 comments:

Jake said...

From a media maniac to a hog-aholic, thank you. Thank you for rooting for the hogs enough to make up for my lack of rooting.

Landon Parker said...

Well I do what I gotta do when I gotta do it. You know?

Anonymous said...

You two are goofy.

Staci said...

Maybe Rotnei will come down and see us when Chip comes next. When is Chip coming next? I don't know but I am ready!