Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A-town Basketball

It seems that every winter I come to realize how much I miss basketball. I went to The Alma vs. Van Buren game last night and couldn't help but want to go back in time just to play ball. The big crowds, rivalries, making big plays, being part of a team.......there's just something about playing basketball that gets me fired up.

I now understand what it means when people refer to living vicariously through their children. I will try very hard not to do that, but I can't help but believe that seeing them in Alma jersey's balling against Greenwood and Van Buren will bring great joy to my life. Luckily for me, my wife was a baller, so I'm looking forward to my children having the genetic makeup of 3 point shooting, lock-down defending (from Cortney), sometimes dribble the ball off your foot out of bounds skills that she and I once exhibited.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt your kids will have the b-ball fever and a passion for God too. that's a pretty good combination!

Anonymous said...

You just had to put in there that we dribbled the ball off our feet! Although your three point is what helped you score points with me!!The Lord knew I needed a man that would challenge me on the 3-point line!

Anonymous said...

I will have to say - it was a lot of fun going to all your ballgames and watching you and Kiley play ball and catching some of Cort's games too!

When you keep things in perspective, it sure makes it a lot more fun! Anyone who knows me knows what that means!

Anonymous said...

Nate and I talk about that often. How much we miss the competition of b-ball, being on a team, etc. It was so much fun!! Hey, maybe we should get some people together and do a co-ed game sometime? That would be SO fun!!!