Tuesday, December 30, 2008

HEROES

Me and Cort were trying to find a good movie to watch the other night and we found nothing. This is when she suggested that we rent the 1st season of Heroes. I had heard of the show and my buddy Joel said that it was really good, but I tend to have high expectations for Hero shows or movies so I was a bit skeptical. But since there were no other options, we rented it. Now.....I'm hooked. It's not the best show ever, but it's pretty good. I think there is just something about hero shows that get me. I mean who wouldn't want to fly, regenerate, teleport, or be invisible.

Growing up, I know that everyone wished they had a super power or ability. My question is what would yours be? And don't give me the obvious, "I wish I had limitless super-powers times infinity twice," because I already called it. Seriously, what would yours be and why?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I saw the movie "The Incredibles" I've wanted the superpower of elasticity! Because I could be here and over there and waaaaaaaayyyyy over there, too!Kind of like Pastor Susan describing where we are and go in prayer. At home in our prayer closet and in North Korea or a hospital room somewhere, all at the same time! Cool topic, Landon, and fun to think about!

Jessica said...

Have you seen X-Men? That would probably be my favorite super-hero movie(s). I would be Mystique. She is a shapeshifter, she can change into different things/people. I think that would be cool! Think of the things you could do and the places you could go! Think if the possibilities! :)
Anyway, in the movie she is kinda nasty (she dresses immodestly), I wouldn't be that way! :)
Who would you be? (Besides the obvious limitless power that you already called!)

Landon Parker said...

I've thought about it and I think that being able to regenerate would be the sweetest thing ever. I mean you could do anything you wanted to and you wouldn't die. I could go skydiving without a parachute and take risks that most people couldn't. And yes, I own all of the X-men movies. They rock!

Jessica said...

That's like Wolverine! Yeah, pretty much invincible!

Anonymous said...

I would soo want to be invisible!! I like the idea of being able to spy on people whenever I want to and them never know I am around!! I would be like a fly on the wall watching your every move!!! hahaha!!!

Jake said...

Mine would be the super power of Chuck Norris. I simply turn into Chuck at any given time, which would allow me to...

-unscramble an egg
-have a vacation home on the sun
-push the earth down when I do a push-up
-lick my own elbow
-hold Puff Daddy down
-strike a match on a bar of soap
-blow bubbles with beef jerky

The list is endless...

Jake said...

I think mine would beat any other super power because Chuck Norris is every super power. Ever. Times infinity. And add an extra roundhouse kick to that too.

Jessica said...

I could just turn into Chuck Norris whenever I wanted with my superpower!

Jessica said...

I could just turn into Chuck Norris whenever I wanted with my superpower!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Jessica has so much super power her comments come up twice! I guess I'm old school. I'd like to be the Superman type, x-ray vision, stop bullets, super strength, etc.